Afinal, o que dá para fazer no Push?
Adjusting the Time Zone and Date Format
Adjusiting the Languages Configuration
Adding Viber channel
Creating a flow to a surveyor
Using a Android CellPhone as a Channel
How a SMS Integration Works
Deleting a Channel
Adding an e-Mail channel
Select a Message to Send Later
Adding Audio to the Message
Adding Video to the Message
Adding Image to the message
Adding a Contact
Add, Edit and Prioritize the Contacts Addresses
Adding New Fields
Editing the Fields
Looking for Contacts
Configuring the Contact Language
Types of Contacts and Variables
Contatos e Mensagens: URN's, campos de contato e grupos
Introdução a Fluxos
Visualizing and Exporting Variables
Sending a Message Through the Flow
Introduction to Flow Variables
Classifing and Deleting Contacts in Groups
Sending an Email
Exporting and Importing a Flow
Adding and Actualizing the Contact Fields
Types of Flows
Starting a Webhook
Starting a Flow
Creating a New Flow
Sending a Message to Somebody Else
Creating a Flow in Different Languages
Know the Flow Editor
Start Someone Else in Flow
Adding Labels to Responses
Starting Another Flow
Defining Keywords for a flow
Expressions and Variables
Expressions and Variables Introduction
Date and Time
Referencing the variables
Date and Time Values
Introduction to Triggers
Creating a Message Keyword that Launches a Flow
Creating a Message Keyword that Allows People to Join a Group
Start a Flow in the Future or on a Schedule
Start a Flow After Receiving a Call
Start a Flow After a Missed Call
Start a Flow When a Conversation is Started by a Contact
Start a Flow After Receiving a Message Not Handled Elsewhere
Ignoring a Keyword in a Flow
Como criar um gatilho
U-Partners - Proper use of features
Wait for Response's categories
Website polls - Graphic vs. Words cloud
Modifying started Poll's flows
Creating and Deleting a Group
Adding or Removing a Contact from a Group
Creating a Dynamic Group
Updated by Evelyn Bernardo
A label is a keyword used to categorize important entities on texts.
See the examples below:
- I love soccer, it is a good sport.
- My father is a basketball coach.
- We played baseball on the last weekend.
On the phrases above, each highlighted word represents different kinds of sport, so we can infer that a good label to represent that group of words is a sport.
Why should I use this?
If it's necessary to give a higher level of detail on the message categorization, you should use this feature. For example, in a chatbot, if you want to send different messages to the user related to the kind of sport he/she likes, the first thing you would do is to identify the message intent, and after that you would like to verify which sport he/she is talking about, and to achieve this would be necessary to use entities and labels.
What is an entity?
An entity is a keyword element that will be marked with a label in a message body.
How can I use this?
When you are adding new samples to the training you must highlight all relevant entities on your training. See below:
- First thing you must do is to type the new sentence:
- After that you have to select the entity that you want to add to your training:
- Tap the white button below the phrase:
- On the white box that will appear, you must type the correct word that your bot should refer every time it identifies that word on the analyzed phrases. On the example, above we had "NYC" on the original text, but we know what it means, New York, in general, we must identify synonyms on the text and set a default word to each synonym, in this case 'New York'. Next step is to set a label to this word. Tap the button 'add the label' and type a keyword for that label:
- Then tap add. The new entity show receives a highlight. (You can add multiple entities on the same training sample).